Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Self-knowledge



December 14 – Jnana (Self-knowledge)

Name something you did that was completely out of character. How did it feel?

The beginning of self-knowledge: recognizing that your motives are the same as other people's. ~Mason Cooley

When I think back to all the activities I've fearlessly added into my life this year, I would have to say becoming a Yoga As Muse facilitator is most out of character and at the same time so aligned with my character. When I said, "what the heck, let's do this thing" it was so out of my normal realm of planing and organizing and having all the right credentials already lined up that I'm sure friends and family may have thought I've gone off my rocker.

But sometimes that's what life needs; a little derailment, shake things up a bit. Doing something out of character changes the perspective, shows life in a different light, and if like me, you're feeling trapped and in a rut, it can offer a new direction.

As you reflect back on 2011, do something different today. Especially if you haven't done anything out of character....and tell me about it....

Today's prompt brought to you by Dawn Curtis, fellow Yoga As Muse facilitator and writer.

No comments: