Saturday, December 10, 2011

Joy



December 10 – Ananda (Joy)

A positive frame of mind is a habit. How have you silenced the propaganda factory of negativity with positive thought and behavior in your life in 2011? How has this changed your day-to-day being? 

Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. Franklin D. Roosevelt

Happiness is a choice.

And it's hard to clear the mind to negativity, it's often easier to be negative and pessimistic.

Happiness is a habit.

And with all habits, it takes time and awareness. You might find yourself having a Homer Simpson moment "D-oh!" when you realize you could have responded to something more positively, but at least you're aware now...



Here's how I've worked at shutting down the propaganda factory in 2011:

  • Something funny every day....every single day. You Tube videos, books, my husband...
  • Less screen time...this is hard, but my mornings where I start out reading a book, magazine, something tangible, are calmer and more positive.
  • Constant diet of positivity: here, here, here...but after I've started my day with something tangible!
  • Positive Friends. Ones you can honestly go to and say, I'm scared, I'm sad, I'm in a raging bad mood and want to poke someones eye out...
  • Crafting/Making. When you make something, anything, you access a different part of your brain, you get into a rhythm, endorphins flow, it feels good. Even if you have a pile "prototypes" that in no way resemble what you saw in the minds eye, you still did something more productive, more positive, more fulfilling than sitting and stewing in negative thought.
That said, if you're in the Boston area Jan 7th and want to Craft Your Intention for 2012, $50 will get you a mighty fine day with all the crafting supplies and positive attitude you could possible want...plus I'll feed you....Email (heidicrafts@gmail.com) or message me on Face Book and I'll hold your spot...


No comments: