Friday, December 2, 2011

Community

December 2 - Sangha (Community)

Where have you discovered community in 2011? What are the essential qualities of this community?

Simply being with other people who are also seekers and who are involved in the same quest you are is very meaningful. ~Dan Wakefield

Just this morning Gwen Bell posed an interesting thought, community can't be built but rather gathered. And I have to say I like this concept. I've discovered community in gatherings with my fellow yogis at Yoga as Muse, my fellow journal facilitators at the Therapeutic Writing institute, my partner in all things mind/body, Beth at Relax Be Well.

And as a reluctant Facebook and internet interfacer, I have joyfully found a gathering of community and connection with family and friends across the world - we've created a tether to each other, an invisible joining that pulls, tugs, and reminds us that we're all integral parts of another's community. That we have the power to build up, collaborate, support, and bolster each of our community members hopes and dreams. I have sought out those that embrace life with the qualities of abundance; there is enough for all of us and no need for the scarcity mentality in my community, hope you'll join me!


No comments: